Moving can mean down-sizing or just letting go of those things you and your family are done loving,
It's a good time to have a Garage Sale!
Tips for a Successful Garage Sale
1. Shoppers more often stop for full tables and large items.
2. Bookcases, dressers, toys, and tools attract traffic.
3. Dealers and collectors visit sales, so clearly display one-of-a-kind items.
4. Clean everything and make sure all appliances work.
5. 10-30% of retail is a fair price for most items.
6. Tag all items, but be prepared to haggle.
7. Items sorted by size and type and organized on shelves or rack get higher prices.
8. Partner with neighbors and split the cost.
9. Plan ahead with the neighborhood and have everyone have their sale at the same time.
10. Check the weather.
11. Make neatly lettered signs to direct traffic to your house.
12. When you have things at the end, give them away, keep them for another sale, or call a charitable organization for pickup. Keep a list of donated items for your accountant at tax time.
Have fun and enjoy meeting new people. Engaging with people could mean they look around more, which in turn could mean they buy more,